5 Reasons to Replace Your Old Windows
There are a number of reasons to consider a full window replacement for your home in Scarborough. Maybe you just moved into a beautiful old house with lots of ‘original charm’ or perhaps you think it’s time to downsize and sell your home.
Whatever the reason, if you know your windows are over 15 years old, now is a good time to consider replacing them. Over the years, windows tend to lose their functionality and no longer operate as well as they did when they were first installed. If you’re still unsure about replacing your windows, here are the top five reasons you should consider it.
1. Save money on cooling and heating. As far as energy-efficiency goes, one of the most important areas of a home is your windows. Drafty windows are a major problem for many homeowners. By replacing your windows, your house will stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Over the lifespan of your new windows you will save yourself hundreds of dollars each year in energy costs. The government and most utility companies offer rebates when you install new energy-efficient windows as well.
2. Improve the look and increase the value of your home. If you’re thinking about selling your home anytime in the near future, replacement windows will significantly increase the curb appeal of your home. Most homeowners in Scarborough see roughly an 80% return on their window investment when their house is sold.
3. Easier to clean. Most modern windows have a tilt-in feature so you can clean them easily from inside the comfort of your home. No more trying to balance on ladders while juggling a spray bottle and rag!
4. More light, less UV damage. Replacement windows tend to have smaller frames with larger panes, which allows more natural light into your home. At the same time, many new windows have low-emissivity coatings which help deflect the sun’s damaging UV rays away from your property and furniture. The best options are double or triple pane windows that come with a built-in tint to help keep the sun out.
5. Better security. Older windows often fail to lock properly, or they may lack locks altogether. By installing secure, new windows, you can rest assured that any would-be thieves will be deterred from entering your home.
Do you need Window Replacement in Scarborough?
At Ace Glass, you can count on competitive pricing and reliable installations. Our expert installers can tackle any window repair or replacement in Scarborough, Pickering, and the Greater Toronto area. Whether your window and glass needs are large, small or complex, contact us to book your free estimate today.